EVENTS & CONFERENCE
Earn CPD points and stay up to date at our clinical meetings and conference
We offer clinical meetings and TeleED (online) meetings, scheduled throughout the year – on topics tailored to the needs of our members – as well as our annual AONA conference.
You'll earn CPD points at each of our educational events.
A registration button will appear next to each event as registration opens.
Save the date: 17th June 2023
Location: Jasper Hotel, Elizabeth Street, Melbourne CBD
Registration opens soon.
Further information including the schedule, topics and speakers – will be published on this page and emailed to our members as it becomes available.
If you have any enquiries about this upcoming event, please contact this year’s conference coordinator Heather Machin via email
AONA Conference 2023
Join us at our first Melbourne conference since 2019. This year we welcome back nurses and colleagues from around Australia. The focus for this event is getting the team back together, connecting and re-connecting, sharing knowledge and strengthening our professional workforce.
When: 17th June 2023
Where: Jasper Hotel, Elizabeth Street, Melbourne CBD
Enquiries: If you have any enquiries about this upcoming event, please contact this year’s conference coordinator Heather Machin via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or use our contact form.
Early Bird tickets available from now until the 1st of May!
Speakers and Topics:
- Keynote Speaker: Kathryn Millichamp MNurs. Te Whatu Ora Health New Zealand, Auckland, New Zealand
- Ophthalmic Nurse Practitioner in New Zealand: Role and Pathway
- Nurse Led Chalazian and Small Incision Treatment
- Brandon Ah Tong, Head of Global Advocacy, Fred Hollows Foundation
- Advocating for Relevance: Eye Health as an Issue for Sustainable Development
- Arien Amarindra, RN. Gold Coast Hospital and Health Service, Gold Coast
- Using Digital Technologies to Advance Eye Care
- Leanne Boase, NP. CEO, Australian Collage of Nurse Practitioners
- Pathway to Nurse Practitioner in Australia
- Olga Brochner, CNS. Auckland District Health Board, Auckland, New Zealand
- Nurse Led AMD Clinic
- Charmaine Catipon RN. Clinical Trials Research Nurse, Centre for Eye Research Australia
- Clinical Trials Research Nursing on a Retinal Gene Project
- Flora Hui, Optom. PhD. Research Fellow, Centre for Eye Research Australia
- The Vitamin B3 Study
- Hayley M Hall and Sofia Karageorge, RNs. ICU, Austin Health
- Nurse Led Program to Raise Awareness of End-of-Life Corneal Donation
- Jacqueline Henwood, OD BSc, PhD. Research Project Manager, Centre for Eye Research Australia
- WHO Visual Accuity App.
- Carly Iles, CEO, Vision 2020 Australia
- Vision 2020 Australia Up-date
- Doron Hickey MD. Medical Retina Fellow. Royal Victorian Eye and Ear Hospital
- Retinal Up-Date
- Peta Holly, RN. Ocular Oncology Clinical Nurse Consultant, Royal Victorian Eye and Ear Hospital
- Ocular Oncology Clinical Nurse Consultant Role and Impact on Patient Care
Zixin Hong (Cherry), MD. Unaccredited Ophthalmology Registrar, Austin Health
Carbon Footprint of Cataract Surgery in Australia
- Legend Lee, Senior Manager Advocacy and Policy. RANZCO
- RANZCO Strategy: Towards 2030
- Emma Loughnan, Senior Social Worker. Royal Victorian Eye and Ear Hospital
- Role and Value of a Disability Liaison Officer in Eye Care
- Kila Lua, RN. Director of Nursing. Panch Day Surgery, Vision Hospital Group
- Developing and Embracing Healthcare Assistants
- Heather Machin, RN, PhD. Senior Project Manager and Lions Fellow, Centre for Eye Research Australia
- Australia's Ophthalmic Nurse Workforce Survey
- Cheryl Moore, RN MN. Practice and Clinical Services Manager, Eye Specialist Institute, Gold Coast
Charles Bonnet Syndrome
- Kerry Pontin, RN. Cura Southern Region Graduate Nurse Program Coordinator, Victoria Parade Surgical Centre
- Setting up a Perioperative Graduate Program
- Sumeer Singh, Optom. PhD. Postdoctoral Clinical Research Fellow. University of Melbourne
- Up-dates in Dry Eye Treatment
Further information including the schedule, topics and speakers – will be published on this page and emailed to our members and registered attendees as it becomes available.
Our conference sponsors:
Calendar of Events
Further information including the schedule, topics and speakers can be found in the flyer added to each event closer to the date.
For our TeleED (online) education sessions, attendees who register will be sent the access code and further details closer to the event.
As registration for an event opens, we'll add a "register now" button below the event.
If you have any enquiries about AONA events, please contact us via our contact form.
AONA Clinical Meetings and TeleED (online) Education Sessions
Saturday 18th February, 2023Victoria Branch Clinical Meeting (in-person)
Saturday 18th March 20239:30–10:30am TeleED (online) Education Session
Tuesday 23rd May 20237:00–7:45pm TeleED (online) Education Session
Thursday 14th September 20237:00–7:45pm TeleED (online) Education Session
August, 2023NSW Branch Clinical Meeting (in-person)
October, 2023Tasmania Branch Clinical Meeting (in-person)